Another fiscal year has come to an end for the Kempe Foundation and we want to thank our supporters for championing the work of Kempe Center professionals and the programs they run to strengthen families, communities and the systems that serve them. Your generosity underscores the impactful work we were able to achieve this year, including the following:
- The Foundation provided a grant to the Center to implement the Best Start program, which provides education and training to caregivers about parent-child interaction, child safety and child health so they can better support their children.
- We also granted impact funds to expand the reach of the Fostering Healthy Futures mentoring program.
- We provided funding for the Kempe Center’s strategic planning process as they build a plan for the future under the leadership of Dr. Kathryn Wells.
- The Kempe Center initiated implementation of the CARENetwork within the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment – legislation that prioritizes children and builds capacity in the state budget for the systems that serve children statewide.
- The Foundation covered nearly $280,000 in rent and facility costs for Kempe Center programs by subsidizing office space and allowing these programs to put more dollars into their work.
Your donations make our work possible.
Over the past few months, COVID-19 has transformed our field and compelled us all to reshape the ways we serve children and families. It is more important than ever to support the healthcare, mental health, and child welfare professionals and workers in our communities, who are on the ground, day in and day out, keeping our children and families safe and supported.