Child Abuse Prevention Month
During April, communities and organizations across the country join together to share strategies and stories of child abuse and neglect prevention. Below are some of the ways Kempe participates in this campaign.
April 2, 10 a.m. |Kempe and Children’s Hospital Child Abuse Prevention Month Celebration
Children’s Hospital Colorado, Boettcher Atrium
Staff from Kempe and Children’s Hospital Colorado will gather in the atrium to acknowledge how “we all play a role” in preventing abuse and neglect.
April 3, 9 a.m. | Child Abuse Prevention Month Kick-off Rally
Colorado State Capitol – West Steps
Join Kempe and other Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Campaign Partners to kick-off National Child Abuse Prevention Month in Colorado. Wear blue to show your commitment to the cause
April 6 | Wear Blue 2018
Kempe is participating in Wear Blue 2018, a day dedicated to celebrating child abuse prevention efforts across the country. We invite you to participate by wearing blue and sharing a photo on social media using #WearBlue.
Mondays in April | Kempe at the Capitol
Each Monday in April, Kempe will share information with legislators about key programs related to child abuse prevention and treatment. Follow along on social media. Learn more about the information we will share with legislators:
Advocating for Children
Fostering Healthy Futures
ECHO – Child Abuse & Neglect
Child Welfare Training System Update
Let’s Get Social!
Join The Kempe Foundation on social media throughout April. We will share quotes and videos from those who are advocating for children in Colorado. Use #preventionispossible to engage with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Other ways you can help:
- Learning the Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- Colorado: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
- Nationally: 1-800-422-4453
- Immediate Danger: Dial 9-1-1
- Using the hashtags #TheStarlingProject and #CO4Kids in social media posts
- Reading the Senate Joint Resolution proclaiming April 2017 as Child Abuse Prevention Month in Colorado
- Wearing blue to show your support towards kids and commitment to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect
- Visiting The Starling Project for free coloring pages and activities to complete with a child in your