Child Abuse Prevention Month
During April, communities and organizations across the country join together to share strategies and stories of child abuse and neglect prevention. Below are some of the ways Kempe participates in this campaign.
April 2, 8 a.m. | Child Abuse Prevention Month Kick-off Rally
Colorado State Capitol – West Steps
Join Kempe and other Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Campaign Partners to kick-off National Child Abuse Prevention Month in Colorado. Wear blue to show your commitment to the cause!
April 4 | Kempe Wine League Event
Join the Wine League on April 4 to build your knowledge and appreciation for wine while also raising money for Kempe and the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect. Register here
April 5 | Wear Blue Day 2019
Kempe is participating in Wear Blue 2019, a day dedicated to celebrating child abuse prevention efforts across the country. We invite you to participate by wearing blue and sharing a photo on social media using #WearBlue.
April 11, 5-7 p.m. | Kendra Scott Fundraiser
Pick up your springtime staples to wear out and about. Kendra Scott in Cherry Creek North will host a special shopping event for Kempe supporters. Purchase a necklace or two and a portion of the proceeds will support Kempe.
April 16, 5-7 p.m. | Perch Denver Fundraiser
Perch carries the latest fashions from contemporary designers. Join us at Perch in Cherry Creek North for a special shopping event. A portion of the evening’s proceeds will support Kempe.
Mondays in April | Kempe at the Capitol
Each Monday in April, Kempe will share information with legislators about key programs related to child abuse prevention and treatment. Follow along on social media. Learn more about the information we will share with legislators:
Advocating for Children
Fostering Healthy Futures
ECHO – Child Abuse & Neglect
Child Welfare Training System Update
Let’s Get Social!
Join The Kempe Foundation on social media throughout April. We will share quotes and videos from those who are advocating for children in Colorado. Use #preventionispossible and #CO4Kids to engage with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Other ways you can help:
- Learn the Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Report Child Abuse & Neglect
- Colorado: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
- Nationally: 1-800-422-4453
- Immediate Danger: Dial 9-1-1
- Use the hashtags #preventionispossible and #CO4Kids in social media posts
- Download “30 Ways to Show Kids You Care” and fill in the coloring page with a child in your life – and share the finished page on social media! Remember to use #preventionispossible and #CO4Kids
- Download print-at-home yard signs showing your support of Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Wear blue to show your support towards kids and commitment to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect