Child Abuse Prevention Month
During April, communities and organizations across the country join together to share strategies and stories of child abuse and neglect prevention. Below are some of the ways Kempe participates in this campaign.
Advocating for Children
While we can’t engage with Colorado legislators at the Capitol, the Kempe Foundation continues to be a resource for policymakers on propelling child-focused policies forward. Here’s some of the information we’re providing our legislators with this year:
April 1 | CAPM Launch & Wear Blue Day 2021
Join CO4Kids, Governor Jared Polis, Colorado counties, community partners and the people of Colorado for the virtual launch of National Child Abuse Prevention Month and Wear Blue Day. While we can’t be together in person, you can still celebrate child abuse prevention efforts across the country by wearing blue at home and sharing your photos on social media. Share your photos using #WearBlueDay and #GrowingBetterTogether.
April 21 | Digital Advocacy Day
Contact your elected officials and spread the word about policy change that’s vital to the well-being of children and their families. You can use your voice to support children and families on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and email. Encourage public and policymakers to act on issues that increase positive childhood experiences and prevent child abuse and neglect.
Use the Child Abuse Prevention Month Toolkit
Spread awareness about child abuse prevention throughout the month of April by using the images, talking points and other resources in this Pinwheels for Prevention Community Partner Toolkit.
Let’s Get Social!
Join The Kempe Foundation on social media throughout April. We will share quotes and videos from those who are advocating for children in Colorado. Use #GrowingBetterTogether to engage with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Other ways you can help:
- Learn the Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Report Child Abuse & Neglect
- Colorado: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
- Nationally: 1-800-422-4453
- Immediate Danger: Dial 9-1-1
- Use the hashtags #preventionispossible and #growbettertogether in social media posts
- Download “30 Ways to Show Kids You Care” and fill in the coloring page with a child in your life – and share the finished page on social media! Remember to use #preventionispossible and #growingbettertogether
- Download print-at-home yard signs showing your support of Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Wear blue to show your support towards kids and commitment to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect