Child Abuse Prevention Month
During April, communities and organizations across the country join together to share strategies and stories of child abuse and neglect prevention. Below are some of the ways Kempe participates in this campaign.
Advocating for Children
While we can’t engage with Colorado legislators at the Capitol, the Kempe Foundation continues to be a resource for policymakers on propelling child-focused policies forward. Here’s some of the information we’re providing our legislators with this month:
April 3 | Wear Blue Day 2020
Kempe is participating in Wear Blue Day 2020 virtually! You can still celebrate child abuse prevention efforts across the country by wearing blue at home and sharing your photos on social media. Share your photos using #WearBlue.
April 7, 12 p.m. | Child Abuse Prevention Month Virtual Kick-off Rally
Join CO4Kids, Colorado counties, community partners and the people of Colorado to launch National Child Abuse Prevention Month. In light of public health guidance to slow the spread of COVID-19, this event will be held online only on April 7, 2020. RSVP to this event to receive information about the event broadcast and how you can get involved.
Let’s Get Social!
Join The Kempe Foundation on social media throughout April. We will share quotes and videos from those who are advocating for children in Colorado. Use #greatchildhoods and #preventionispossible to engage with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Other ways you can help:
- Learn the Warning Signs of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Report Child Abuse & Neglect
- Colorado: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437)
- Nationally: 1-800-422-4453
- Immediate Danger: Dial 9-1-1
- Use the hashtags #preventionispossible and #greatchildhoods in social media posts
- Download “30 Ways to Show Kids You Care” and fill in the coloring page with a child in your life – and share the finished page on social media! Remember to use #preventionispossible and #greatchildhoods
- Download print-at-home yard signs showing your support of Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Wear blue to show your support towards kids and commitment to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect