We support experts in the field who are developing and delivering cutting-edge programs proven to reduce the incidences and impact of child abuse and neglect.
Advocating for Children
The Kempe Foundation advocates for policies that protect children from abuse and neglect and for increased funding allocated for child abuse and neglect programs.
Collaborating with Communities
We partner with human service agencies and other nonprofit organizations to raise awareness of the factors that contribute to child abuse and neglect.
Recent examples of our work include:
- Supporting the Kempe Center’s Trauma-Responsive Implementation and Practice (TRIP) program
- Working with the Colorado Legislature to pass House Bill 1133 establishing the CARE Network
- Securing funding and resources to administer Colorado’s groundbreaking Child Welfare Training System
- Work in partnership with Colorado Department of Human Services to expand the operation of SafeCare® Colorado to 41 Colorado counties and two tribal nations
- Working with the Colorado Legislature to pass several bills designed to keep children safe from legalized marijuana
- Partnering with Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Department of Human Services and other local child welfare agencies to raise awareness during Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Watch our 2018 video and learn about our history and future